Welcome to the U Prep Technology Integration Exchange! Our first monthly topic is a Technology Integration. We’ll discuss some models and approaches to help frame the “what”s and “how”s of technology integration, but we’ll start with the why.
(Video made in Keynote with Recording feature, uploaded to Vimeo)
Teachers talking Teaching (Further Reading):
Here is a sample of a few teachers’ ideas around their technology vision statements. You may be interested in what other teachers have to say about why they are working to use technology integration throughout their teaching, or you may need some inspiration to help you find your why. If so, explore below.
- Bronwyn Bleakley: “I Use Technology In My Classroom… To Get Technology Out Of My Classroom.“
- Hybrid Pedagogy: How Shadowing my 2nd-grader Led to a New View of Tech in the Classroom
- Bethany V Smith: Why Use Technology in the Classroom (her vision really starts at slide 21)
- EdTechRoundup: My Personal Technology Vision Statement
- Marci Shepard: Technology Integration: It’s about Equity and Quality Learning, not the “Stuff”
- Lauren J DeCarvalho: Reflections on Using Technology in the Classroom
Please share anything from a couple of sentences on up!
- What is your “why?” What do you hope that technology can help you or your students do in your classroom? What are you striving for? Share your technology vision statement or ideas by posting a comment below.
- Read others’ thoughts below– reply to them if you have a comment, follow-up question or just like what they said. Continue the discussion!